Safety in the Outdoors
Outdoor Education sessions offer learning opportunities for children and young people. Part of their purpose is to encourage participants to face new challenges and to learn to take reasonable risks. In order to do that safely, the adults involved must know their role and ensure that the necessary risk assessments are carried out regularly and thoroughly. Risks can rarely be eliminated entirely, but they can be reduced to a minimum without unduly limiting opportunities for children to explore and learn.
We share the following guidelines to promote safety and care for the environment.
- I will respect the natural environment.
- I will listen attentively to others.
- I will move with care around the outside environment.
- I will use tools sensibly and carefully.
- I will cooperate with others.