Forest School Leaders
We are fortunate to have qualified Level 3 Forest School practitioners at Cherry Tree alongside teachers who have had extensive outdoor learning experience, who promote the principles of forest school through their outdoor learning sessions. We also run a weekly Fireflies SEND forest school session for our pupils and their one-to-one support staff.
Principles of Forest School
- Forest School is a long-term process of frequent and regular sessions in a woodland or natural environment, rather than a one-off visit. Planning, adaptation, observations and reviewing are integral elements of Forest School.
- Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural wooded environment to support the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world.
- Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
- Forest School offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
- Forest School is run by qualified Forest School practitioners who continuously maintain and develop their professional practise.
- Forest School uses a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for development and learning.
Forest School therefore offers positive outdoor experiences that inspire individuals of any age and allows them to be reflective learners.